Founded: 1957

Leagues played in: South Lincs & Borders, Lincolnshire Women’s League, Rutland Sunday League

Contact details: Andrew Cook,



Cricket has been played in Spalding for well over 200 years with even the great W.G.Grace playing against Spalding for the United South of England in 1877

But the present club was formed in 1957 with the amalgamation of 2 local clubs. The home ground being, as it is now, on the Memorial Field.

Spalding at the time were not in any league and just played in friendlies both on a midweek (Thursday afternoons – as the shops had half day closing) and also Saturdays and Sundays. In those early days the town had many leading names such as the county captain Joe Price and George Sly – who has been a part of the club since the founding, and of course club legend Henry Walkers – who started his association with the club way back in 1962 as a 12 year old boy and served the committee in every position finally as president of the club until his passing in 2014.

The club were founder members of the South Lincs and Borders League in 1970 and won the division in the first year under the astute captaincy of Joe Price! With a second team entering into the league a few years later, the club soon became a successful one within the local area, winning the 1978 championship – with the timeless Mick East captaining the club to their second success!













Throughout the 1980’s the club had many ups and downs with a couple of relegation’s but as was always the case the club always came bouncing back!

At the turn of the millennium the club’s fortunes were on the wane with the club struggling to field 2 teams on a Saturday with the club reaching its nadir in the winter of 2006 with the club holding an EGM (Emergency General Meeting) to discuss the dissolving of the club. Luckily it was decided to drop down to one team and to drop into the bottom division for the 2007 season with Richard Arnold being skipper and also Chairman.

Since then the club has formed a junior academy, experienced success on the pitch, and in 2012 gained Clubmark status.