Club Honours: National Village Competition area finalists 1978, 1979, 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986 and 1989, National Village Competition area winners 1982
Leagues played in: Lincoln & District Sunday League
Contact details: Ken Pollard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cricket has been played in the village at Fulbeck since at least 1860. In the early days of the club, they played an annual fixture with the famous Free Foresters Cricket Club. During the Second World War years, the ground was used for cricket by the British armed forces, and baseball by the American GIs stationed at Fulbeck Aerodrome!
In the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s the club played Saturday friendlies and midweek cup matches. In 1949 they reached their first Cup final, losing to the Sleaford Post Office team in the Sleaford-based Pattinson Cup.
The ground, which had been owned by a local farmer and used for grazing his cows, was bought in 1965 by the Fulbeck Playing Field Committee, which meant that it could be properly maintained. It is now one of the best-kept village grounds in Lincolnshire. Purpose-built changing rooms were also built, replacing the two wooden sheds which had acted as changing rooms, store rooms and score box. Since 1980 when the Fulbeck Sports Club was formed, the club has had a licensed bar.
The club entered the South Lincolnshire and Border League in 1972 and later the South Notts Village League. In 1995 Fulbeck amalgamated with Rauceby Hospital as their ground was being sold for development, and entered the Lincoln Sunday League where they remain currently playing in Division 1.
The club’s greatest success came in the 1970s and 1980s, when they played in the National Village Competition where the final was played at Lords. Fulbeck reached the area final 7 times and progressed 3 times. They reached the national quarter-finals in 1984, which was played against Marchwiel from North Wales at Fulbeck’s ground in front of approximately 1000 spectators. Local teams cancelled their own games to watch. Sadly Fulbeck lost to eventual competition champions Marchwiel.
Other highlights include winning the Notts Combination Premier League in 1983 and 1984, winning the Sleaford-based Pattinson Cup in 1972, 1980-87 and 1989, winning the Grantham-based Thompson Cup in 1971, 1974, 1981 and 1982, and the Brownlow Cup for villages in the Grantham area in 1974 and 1982-4.