Leagues played in: Lincoln & District, ECB Premier League
(Photograph courtesy of the Scunthorpe Telegraph)
Taken from the Lincolnshire Cricket Board Premier League handbook, 2000
The original Market Rasen CC ceased to exist with the outbreak of war in 1939, the last game being played at the Hamilton Ground in Willingham Road.
But the victory celebrations of 1945 revived interest and the club was re-formed in the spring of 1946 with its president one Dr Harold Pank who first played for the original Market Rasen CC in 1906.
Initially games were played at de Aston School, then came the offer to lay a square at the racecourse where the club played for many years. Rase Park was purchased in the late 60s and the first game played there in 1972. The 1st XI entered the Lincs League Premier Division in 1986 and won the championship in 1992.
By 2000 Market Rasen had nearly 200 youngsters attending its junior coaching sessions, ran six junior teams and had successfully developed a ladies cricket section, with one of its members representing Lincolnshire.